Remember ME - You Me and Dementia

Friday, August 17, 2007

"Towards a disease free India" - Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam

Dear Friends,

I have found this interesting article,which I would like to share for the benefit of the society.

Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam recently visited MNR Medical college and delivered the great speech:


I am delighted to address and interact with the Students and Faculty Members of MNR Medical College. I understand that the Students of the 1st Batch of MBBS Course have performed well in their final exam and seven students have secured distinctions. I congratulate the Students for their academic performance and the faculty members for shaping the young minds. My greetings to the Chairman - MNR Trust, Principal- Medical College, faculty members, Students and distinguished guests.

Mission of Medical community

Dear friends, when I am in the midst of the medical community, I am reminded of the famous statement by Norman Cousins in his book ‘Anatomy of the illness’ Patients are today reaching out to the doctor not just for medical help. They are reaching out for kindness, assurance and hope. I would also like to share with you a quote in the paper which I came across on the topic ‘One World, one people, one surgery’ by Dr.T.E.Udwadia which states: “The poorest of the poor have as much right as anyone to less pain after surgery, reduced medication, less morbidity, shorter hospitalization, and early return to home, family, and work. Minimal access surgery and the expensive technology it requires are advocated, not as homage or tribute to new technology, but in appreciation of the manifold benefits this new technology gives to our patients and our people.” This thought has to be the focus of all the graduates completing their medical studies and entering into a professional career from this Medical College. My topic for discussion is “Towards a disease free India?”

I would like to briefly talk to you on some of the diseases and actions proposed and future need.

To read more click : http://www.abdulkalam.com/kalam/jsp/display_content.jsp?menuid=28&menuname=Speeches%20/%20Lectures&linkid=68&linkname=Recent%20&content=482&columnno=0&starts=0&menu_image=7


Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.

No comments: