Friends of Women’s World Banking, India was established in 1982, with a vision to build a society based on equity and social justice in which women are active partners in holistic development. FWWB is planning to spin of its ‘lending activity’ to a regulated entity and it will continue to work in the areas of
· Nurturing and building sustainable community based institutions; women’s leadership building
· Livelihood promotion and building entrepreneurship among members of low income households.
· Financial inclusion through integrated financial services and financial education.
· Action research and pilots on new products and services that impact on the lives of the poor.
Reason for Hire:
Ms. Vijayalakshmi Das, current CEO, FWWB, India has been chosen to Head (as CEO) the new NBFC being set up by the trust and would need to devote full time attention to setting up and streamlining the activities of the new entity.
Against this backdrop FWWB India is looking for a dynamic leader to take over charge from Ms Vijayalakshmi Das and be responsible for poviding leadership, direction and management for the organisation during a period of significant organisational change and dynamic growth.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Provide strategic leadership for the development of FWWB,
· Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
· Provide strong leadership and direction to FWWB,
· Effectively manage the human resources according to organizations personnel policies and procedures.
· Recommend yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manage the organization’s resources.
· Develop, maintain and implement sound financial management in accordance with FWWB’s
· Developing partner relationships and support partners’ capacity and abilities in program, people and financial management.
· Lead planning to ensure that FWWB,
· Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
· Represent FWWB,
· Build the image of the organization and its mission, programs, products and services consistently relevant stakeholders
· 15+ years of professional experience with a track record of 3-5 years in a leadership role (at least functional), providing imaginative and strategic leadership and effective management of an organization of talented professionals.
· Demonstrated business acumen (strong financial management skills), analytic skills, and administrative abilities).
· A record of attracting and retaining funds and funders.
· A proven ability to establish effective working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills and capability to represent the organisation in professional forums.
· Experience of reporting directly to a board of trustees.
· Experience and knowledge in one or more of the Trust's program areas.
· International experience would be an advantage.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact us at 91 22 24371068/ 24371194. Only shorlisted candidates would be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.