Location: New Delhi, India
Reporting to: Director Marketing & Communications
Oxfam India is a result of the merger of the different Oxfam’s that have been operating in India for the last fifty years as separate entities: Oxfam Trust, Oxfam GB, Oxfam Novib, Oxfam Australia, Oxfam Hong Kong and Intermon Oxfam (Spain). It undertakes all the activities of an Oxfam affiliate: international and national rights-based programming, international and national advocacy and campaigning, humanitarian response and fundraising. As a national member of an international confederation, it plays a strategic role in campaigns and advocacy, both domestically and internationally. Oxfam India aims to be a role model for promoting gender equality and diversity.
Scope of the Position:
- To help Oxfam India explore and increase the fundraising income from various institutions, trusts, foundations, multi lateral and bilateral agencies.
- Line Manage unit/team.
- Lead department-wide projects.
- Contributes to corporate projects.
- Lead and develop a team.
- Impact on income and reputation at unit level.
- Planning focus to 3 years for unit.
- Influence and negotiate with a wide range of people on an infrequent basis.
- Engaging and introducing new Donor agencies to Oxfam India and showcasing the impact of our work.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Plan and co-ordinate all funding from Oxfam India’s key institutional donors for India and explore newer opportunities.
- Develop, write and implement the Oxfam India Institutional fundraising strategy in collaboration with the Regional offices and lead specialists.
- Develop and lead the process of develop proposals and following it up with the respective agencies
- Monitoring the annual funding plans supported by institutional donors.
- Strengthen relationships with key donors by building fund-raising capacity with programme teams and inducting new staff on funding issues.
- Make regular country programme visits, particularly to support the development of proposals or establishment of new contracts
- Represent Oxfam India with the donors
- Analyse and provide advice to programme staff on the funding policies.
- Identify, assess and approach new Indian donors or funding sources.
- Co-ordinate all funding proposals and reports to donors to ensure quality and timely reporting.
- Ensure that contract management meets donor requirements and use appropriate Oxfam procedures and systems.
- Implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Institutionally funded programs.
- Minimum Qualification Post Graduation or MBA
- Minimum 5 - 7 years experience in raising funds from Corporate, Institutions (Multilateral, bilateral like DFID, EU (ECHO) and other donors., trusts and foundations)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills – written and verbal; experience of writing proposals and reports and ability to interact and represent Oxfam to donors and external institutions.
- An in depth understanding of funding issues in relation to NGOs for e.g work in emergencies, development and campaigns.
- Substantial project management experience, including the management of teams and people.
- Budgeting experience with numeracy and good financial skills gained either from relevant professional experience or academic background. Demonstrated the ability to manage and deliver on fundraising targets.
- Experience of capacity building in relation to fundraising or programme development.
- Proven analytical skills and the ability to think strategically in relation to fundraising
- Ability to work effectively with others influencing, supporting, following as required in order to achieve fundraising targets.
- Organisational awareness – understanding how to get what information and who to keep informed.
- Commitment to gender and diversity with the ways of working, and previous experience in incorporating gender in project cycle management processes.
- Result driven to strive for very ambitious growth.
- Ability to travel within country and abroad as required.
- The compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience.
Other Essential criteria:
Travel and Compensation Details:
Third Sector Partners, a leading CxO and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector, has been retained by Oxfam India. Last date for application is 20th April 2010.
Interested candidates can send in their CVs with three references to email@example.com with the subject line indicating Manager Institutional Fundraising or contact us at: +91 22 43493333.
Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.