Palliative Care department of Bhaktivedanta Hospital, Mira Road,Mumbai ,India Announces TWO days Certificate Course in Palliative Care for Volunteers .
1. This course is for those people who want to help suffering people in society & have a compassionate heart but lack the proper training this course will equip you with the proper training.
2. The modules of course are as follows.
- Holistic care & hospice movement.
- Communicating with caregivers.
- Advanced directives & living will.
- Spiritual pain in terminally ill patient .
- Stages of grief in a terminally ill patient.
- Basic knowledge of all end. stage terminal diseases.
- practical things which a volunteer can do to help .
- experiencing a terminal illness.
- Communicating with one who is dying.
- Basics of pain management .
- complementary (non. medical ) therapies for pain management.
- managing uncomfortable symptoms of patients.
- Basics of grief counseling.
- How to protect oneself when visiting such patients.
3. The course will be held at Bhaktivedanta Hospital Auditorium on 4th Oct Saturday 4.30 pm to 9 pm & 5th Oct. Sunday 11am to 5pm.
4. The course fee is Rs.150 which includes charges for course material & food.
5. Anybody can attend this course.
6.A basic exam will be held after that those who pass will be awarded a certificate.
For further details pls contact:
Department of Palliative Care,
Phone: 2945 2466
Fax: 022 284598885
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.