A silent revolution has been occurring in the last 100 years - unseen, unheard, and yet so close as people 65 years of age and older have been the fastest growing segment of the different countries around the world.
In a rejoinder to this dramatic demographic trend, it is important to focus on the challenges of ageing in the 21st century. To facilitate their active integration in the life of the society, it requires collaborative efforts, which involves not only the family, but also the community and the Government - Consequently it points to the important fact that different groups of people need to network. Keeping with this, This conference is aimed at engaging the various sectors of the rural and urban community in a process of reinvesting the concept of ageing and rethinking policy, through an intergenerational, cross-cultural and multi-disciplinary approach. The conference hopes to address the many key questions central to the ageing population by bringing together different professionals engaged in working for the elderly to share their ideas and research findings.
The specific objectives of this conference are manifold:
- To review and address the realities and issues related to ageing in the contemporary society.
- To create awareness about the needs of the elderly and also appreciate the contribution that older persons make to own societies,
- To highlight the resources/facilities necessary to deal with the increasing population of the elderly
- To identify the innovations enhancing the lives of older people to ensure independence, participation, fulfillment and dignity.
- To deliberate on the sustainable policies of care for the elderly to ensure that the well-being of elders in need is effectively safeguarded by our society
- To strengthen the networking of different governmental and nongovernmental professionals working in this field so that the beneficiary i.e. the elderly in a country can benefit.
Last date for registration: 5th January 2009
SPECIAL rates for Senior Citizens : Rs.1800/- only
Fee for individual professionals : Rs. 3000/- only.
SPECIAL Discount for students : Rs. 1000/- only.
S.V.T. College of Home Science,
S.N.D.T. Women’s University,
Sir Vithaldas Vidyavihar,
Juhu Road, Santacruz (West),
Mumbai , Maharashtra, India
Hurry take advantage of Early bird discounts:http://www.svt.ac.in/svt_portal/www/registrationfees.html
Looking forward to having your participation in our endeavour in January 2009.
This conference is Supported by Silver Inning Foundation and Geriatric Society of India.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.