ORGANISATION: SHAKTI SUSTAINABLE ENERGY FOUNDATION
Third Sector Partners, a leading CxO and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by the Shakti Sustainable Energy Foundation to recruit their Director – Fundraising.
Shakti is a private foundation whose mission is to build a sustainable and secure future for India’s citizens by supporting policies that promote energy efficiency, sustainable transportation, and renewable energy. The Foundation works at the intersection of public health, energy security, and low-carbon growth. Shakti has a strategic, targeted approach to grant-making, and convenes local NGOs, experts, and academic researchers in order to help build and implement smart energy policies.
Shakti is comprised of a dedicated Board and a small staff, based in New Delhi. The organisation has a strong emphasis on building a collaborative work culture and its personnel are expected to represent the organizational values. Shakti is a member of the ClimateWorks network, a worldwide philanthropic network organized to win the battle against climate change. ClimateWorks network partners work in the nations and economic sectors with the highest potential for low-carbon economic growth.
Shakti focuses on enacting policies that promote sustainable energy development, and reduce greenhouse gas emissions through the following areas:
· Energy efficiency for industry, buildings, appliances, and vehicles, and demand-side management in the power sector.
· Green and sustainable cities, especially transit-oriented development and low-cost, sustainable transportation solutions.
· Rural energy services that provide cleaner and more reliable energy for cooking, lighting, and other household uses.
· Renewable energy, including implementation of Indias National Solar Mission.
Shakti seeks to recruit a committed, responsible, energetic, and professional individual to join their effort. The Director – Fundraising will direct and help execute all aspects of fundraising, including strategy planning, research cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major donor gifts. The position will actively engage and report to Shakti donors, board, and staff.
As a member of the Shakti team, the incumbent will experience the benefits of working in a new philanthropic venture: collaborative and close-working relationships with colleagues, and broad impact on pollution reductions. This unique blend creates an incredible opportunity for the right individual.
The Director – Fundraising will report to Shakti CEO.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following and other duties as assigned.
· In close coordination with CEO, manage and implement all fundraising activities.
· Identify and cultivate prospects to become major donors to Shakti, building to large, multi-year commitments.
· Devise systems of solicitation that will ensure the continual involvement of Shakti’s current donors and board.
· Develop and nurture relationships to increase the base of support from current and potential donors.
· Research and identify grant opportunities from public and private foundations, corporations, as well as individuals.
· Manage proposal and report writing, and build internal structures to ensure timely and complete stewardship. Utilize and expand network-wide database.
· Prepare forecasts, updates, and reports for major donors and the Shakti board.
· Equip and lead Shakti fundraising effort through clear performance goals and continuous communication.
· Work collaboratively to engage program and entire Shakti team in fundraising effort.
· Initiate and/or participate in sharing of knowledge, experience, and ideas with staff, donors and board.
· Prepare donor proposals and reports to ensure optimum utilization of budget. Conduct due diligence to ensure that reputation risks are taken into account while selecting donors.
· Draft correspondence to donors and prospects.
· In collaboration with finance team, develop and supervise a strategic donation receipting and donor acknowledgment process.
· Maintain an existing multi-purpose, scalable constituent database
· Prepare reports for executive team and Board of Directors.
· Develop and manage the fund development budget.
· Work with finance team to formulate and communicate accurate revenue projections and develop an evolving fundraising strategy to meet revenue goals.
· Work with the communications team to develop a clear, cohesive organization-wide messaging and marketing materials.
· Work in a manner that facilitates collaboration, cooperation and project integration both within and amongst departments.
· Provide comprehensive leadership and accountability for fundraising activities in India.
· Represent Shakti through private and public speaking engagements.
· Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications or related field, and a minimum of 3 to 5 years experience in fundraising, direct marketing, public relationships, business development, investor relations, or related field. Minimum of 8 -10 years of total prior work experience.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be able to work independently as well as within a team.
· Knowledge of domestic and NRI donor communities will be an added advantage.
· Strong and detail oriented organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, start up environment.
· Passionate commitment to Shakti values, mission, and purpose.
· Impeccable character, integrity, and honesty. Genuine good listener.
· Demonstrated track record of personally soliciting major donors or securing major investors.
· Proven IT Skills Sets (MS Word, Excel, Power point, email and data base)
· Familiarity and comfort level with relational databases (such as Access, Salesforce, ACT, Filemaker etc).
· A strong track record of applying sound political and strategic judgment in complex situations.
· Proven negotiation skills.
· Demonstrated networking capabilities to engage and collaborate effectively with external and internal stakeholders of all levels.
· Strong intellect, creativity, flexibility, drive, and entrepreneurial capabilities.
· Willingness to travel often domestically and internationally.
· Enjoy building positive relationships with a wide range of individuals. Mature leadership from a strong yet humble confidence that inspires and engenders trust.
· Capable and engaging public speaker with a professional demeanor.
· Experience working in a foundation or a non-profit organisation with a significant portion of this experience in organizing and directing major fundraising programs will be an added advantage.
COMPENSATION DETAILS: The compensation is commensurate with qualification and experience.
Interested individuals may please submit their CV, a cover note and 3 references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line indicating Director - Fundraising. Please note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.