In response to a ProPoor reader’s request for information on how to set up a blog for their NGO, we are providing this information for the entire ProPoor community.
There are many FREE blog publishing platforms that an NGO may choose depending on the purpose of the blog.
A few options:
· Blogger.com: https://www.blogger.com/start
· Wordpress.com: http://wordpress.com/
· Blog.com: http://blog.com/
Each of these blog sites will have tutorials and videos that will show you how to get started in creating your own blog.
In short, the steps to create a blog include:
1. Sign up for an account with one of the blog sites.
2. Select a name and address (URL) for your blog.
3. Select a theme for your blog. You can change the theme for your blog at any time. If you would like to customize your blog, choose a blog site that offers customizable themes.
4. Select “gadgets” for your blog. This can include polls, recent posts, blogrolls (links to other blogs or websites), etc.
5. Start your blog by uploading posts, photographs and videos.
If you are interested in creating a free website, you may do so at CFSites:http://www.cfsites.org/
Posted By ProPoor on Feb 26, 2010
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.