Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Business Development Executive required for Social Sector Job Portal
Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reporting to: Project Leader
Third Sector Partners (TSP) is a boutique executive search firm, providing specialized services to non-governmental organizations (NGOs), institutions and corporates to enable them to recruit CEOs, managers and board members, best equipped for the job.
Third Sector Partners has seen a phenomenal growth since its inception and has worked on over 250 senior management searches with leading NGOs, bilateral aid agencies and corporates. Some of our esteemed clients include the United Nations, Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, Public Health Foundation of India, Shell Foundation, ICICI Foundation, OXFAM, CARE India, among others.
Now, we are proud to announce our newest initiative: Barefootjobs.org is India’s first and fastest growing job portal catering to the human resource needs of the social development sector.
Addressing the need for quality professionals at the lower rungs, Barefootjobs.org goes where no other job portal has ever gone before. The social development sector in India has seen a dynamic improvement in the last few years. Apart from a large increase in the number of organizations in this sector, it has also opened up a plethora of opportunities for people willing to be a part of it. Yet, it remains largely deprived of quality professionals who can set new standards for professionalism. That is the need that barefootjobs.org aims to fulfill.
Since its launch in June 2009, Barefootjobs.org has received overwhelming response from both jobseekers and recruiters. We have garnered CVs from allover the country from both social and corporate sectors and listed more than 500 job opportunities in Indian and International NGOs for diverse positions in the areas of program management, advocacy, research, fund raising, academics and many more in wide ranging sectors of rural development, microfinance, public health, environment, ICT, education, corporate social responsibility and poverty alleviation.
Reason for Hire:
Barefootjobs.org is seeking to hire Business Development Executive to build visibility and increase the number of job postings and resumes on the portal. For this the incumbent will have to reach out to prospective employers through tele calling and direct marketing. The incumbent will also participate in expanding the database of jobseekers. The incumbent should be passionate about social sector and be eager to take up the challenging opportunity. S/he should have the foresight and ability to view the big picture and enjoy the dynamic culture of a start-up.
The primary responsibilities of the candidate are:
• Researching & exploring new market opportunities
• Lead generation, cold calling, prospecting, and making calls to prospective clients.
• Up-selling to existing clients
• Will be actively involved in Social Media Marketing of the portal.
• Achieve the targets assigned for registered employers and jobseekers
• On daily basis report on the progress to the Project Leader.
Desired Candidate Profile:
• Dynamic candidate with a zeal to excel in sales field
• Graduate/Post graduate degree in any field from a credible university.
• Experience in selling online/recruitment products would be an added advantage.
• Should be well acquainted with MS Office, including Excel and internet.
• Customer focused & target oriented.
• Excellent communication & presentation skills.
• English and Hindi fluency and a local language a plus.
An attractive incentive plan will be offered.
Interested candidates should send their CVs to: email@example.com or call on 91 22 66603558/3559. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.