Organization : NAROTAM SEKHSARIA FOUNDATION
Job Title : PROGRAMME MANAGER – EDUCATION
Location : Foundation office in Mumbai
The Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation is a not-for-profit organization set up by an endowment from Mr. Narotam Sekhsaria. Established on September 19, 2002, the Foundation designs its own programmes in the areas of Health, Education and Employment Generation and also supports on-going projects of various organizations; so as to ensure sustainable impact in society, capacity building for the future and promote excellence.
The broad objectives of the Foundation are to: (a) ensure “health for all” by facilitating research, capacity building, action and communication on various aspects of health; (b) promote education, research and training by supporting educational institutions and by granting scholarships and fellowships; (c) undertake activities generating livelihood, employment opportunities, and enterprising skills for the upliftment of the marginalized and disadvantaged sections of the society; and (d) carry out philanthropic activities for the welfare of society.
Reason to hire
The education vertical of the foundation has grown significantly over the years, particularly in regard to its scholarship and fellowship programmes. Besides expanding and extending these programmes to other disciplines and institutions, the Foundation needs to prioritize its area of activity; bring together and formalize single, one-time grant project under a unifying theme so as to make an effective and visible impact; and chart out the direction for further development in line with the needs of the country and the objectives of the Foundation.
The Foundation seeks to hire Programme Manager – Education, who will be responsible for providing leadership in the Education vertical of the Foundation, and effectively manage various programmes & projects. More specifically, the candidate would be expected to:
- Chalk out a strategy for the development of the educational vertical.
- Screen proposals on education and recommend projects that can be supported
- Monitor and manage the support given to projects at various stages
- Build a community of Narotam Sekhsaria Scholars by regular interaction with the awardees.
- Manage the scholarship website of the Foundation to make it more interactive an encouraging of student participation
- Plan, organize and carry through the selection process for the various scholarships/ fellowships.
- Build a pool of senior academies / professionals in various disciplines
- Identify programmes in the focus areas of institution building, quality enhancement and mainstreaming which can be supported by the Foundation.
- At least 10 years of relevant experience with a degree in human development / social work / human resource management or a related discipline from a recognized university
- Knowledge of organizations funding education projects and / or NGO’s working on sponsored education projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of educational issues and best practices on monitoring and reporting education projects.
- Understanding of cost: benefit / cost: effectiveness analysis for evaluating projects.
- Working knowledge of legal and administrative issues in drawing up MoUs, agreements etc.
- Some experience of working with students and educational institutions.
- A degree in education of a recognized university.
- Familiarity of working with print and audio – visual media, and knowledge of web – based programmes an added plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Sensitization to issues related to students.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead a team.
- Maturity to deal with senior professional in the field.
- Good administrative and managerial skills.
- Lateral and ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking.
- Sound work ethic and professional commitment
- Willingness to travel as and when required to monitor projects across the country.
Essential Soft Skills
Third Sector Partners, a leading senior management and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by Narotam Sekhsaria Foundation for this recruitment. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org . Tel: +91 22 6660 3558/6660 3559.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.