FXB Suraksha is a non profit company working for the rights of children and their families affected by HIV/AIDS. FXB Suraksha works for the children and their families affected by AIDS and poverty to provide them with education, medical and psychosocial support with training for income generation activities for a sustained livelihood beyond the project period.
Today FXB Suraksha reaches out to 3.5 lakh direct beneficiaries and covers an area with a population of approximately 13.5 million. At presently they work extensively in 15 states and
More information on the organization is available on their website www.fxbsuraksha.org
Reason for Hire:
This is a challenging position directly reporting to CEO and Chairman of the Governing Board, closely interacting with the functional directors, and supervising, managing and providing direction to all
Against this backdrop, FXB Suraksha is seeking to recruit a Chief Operating Officer (COO) with patience, resilience and a passion to work for empowerment of the marginalized and to bring out positive social change.
Roles and Responsibilities
The main responsibilities for the position will be to lead the organization and carry out all operational functions. The incumbent will also directly supervise the income generation activities, fund raising and social entrepreneurship projects. The incumbent will be supported by the other functional directors in that effort. Some of the key roles and responsibilities include:
· Provide strategic leadership for the development of FXB India Suraksha and its ongoing and future programs.
· Oversee design, marketing, promotion, delivery and quality of programs, products and services.
· Provide strong leadership and direction to FXB Suraksha staff and build a high performing management team committed to the organizations vision and mission.
· Effectively manage the human resources according to organizations personnel policies and procedures.
· Recommend yearly budget for Chief Executive and Board approval and prudently manage the organization’s resources.
· Develop, maintain and implement sound financial management in accordance with FXB India Suraksha’s standards and controls.
· To identify innovative strategies, interventions, opportunities and gaps for livelihood programmes (including advocacy) in the project areas/ regions.
· Developing partner relationships and support partners’ capacity and abilities in program, people and financial management.
· Lead planning to ensure that FXB Suraksha is acknowledged as an expert in the sector and maximize potential for influencing the sector in
· Oversee fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation
· Represent FXB Suraksha in a variety of forums and maintain external relationships within the sector including national government, key national and international NGOs, donors, academic, media and research institutions.
· Build the image of the organization and its mission, programs, products and services consistently relevant stakeholders
· 10+ years of professional experience with minimum 3 years in a leadership role (at least functional), with experience in program planning and design, implementation, compliance, and Monitoring and Evaluation.
· Demonstrated business acumen (strong financial management skills), analytic skills, and administrative abilities.
· A record of attracting and retaining funds and funders.
· Aptitude and capacity for networking to establish effective working relationships and partnerships with diverse stakeholders.
· Excellent communication skills and capability to represent the organization in professional forums.
· Experience of reporting directly to a board of trustees/ Governors/ Chief executive.
· Experience and knowledge in marketing, small entrepreneurship development programs, banking, micro-enterprise or microfinance.
· International experience / exposure would be an advantage.
· Language skill in French will be an added advantage
Location: Based in HQ in NOIDA, Delhi NCR with frequent traveling all over
Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or contact us at 91 22 24371068/ 24371194.
The last date for submitting applications is 5th Feb 2010. Only short listed candidates would be contacted.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.