POSITION TITLE: PROGRAM OFFICER
REPORTING TO: Program Manager,
Project HOPE is an International not-for-profit humanitarian organization founded in 1958 and headquartered in
Last year Project HOPE launched the India Diabetes Educator Project (IDEP), our flagship initiative in
Over the next couple of months Project HOPE will be scaling up their flagship program IDEP. In addition to that they will be focusing on other projects which are the Life Coach Project and the Infection Control Hand Hygiene Project, funded by Johnson & Johnson. Project HOPE is also proposing to diversify their in-country portfolio into themes such as Health Worker Training, Maternal and Child Health, and other Chronic Diseases.
They are looking for dynamic, experienced and highly motivated development or public health professionals to join their team and contribute to scale and lead our efforts in
Project HOPE is looking to hire a Program Officer for
· Manage and support the project team on aspects of project design, operational planning, staff training, implementation, supervision, monitoring & evaluation, and reporting under the overall guidance of the Program Manager.
· Fundamentally anchor the Life Coach Project and the Infection Control Hand Hygiene Project, along with providing support to the diabetes program.
· Plan, organize, and participate in activities of the project (e.g. trainings, surveys, data collection & analysis, material design, etc.)
· Train, supervise and support the trainers and coordinators to ensure project objectives are met with at local level.
· Ability to work with multiple partners in an independent and entrepreneurial setting.
· Collaborate with the participating centers and master trainers, and coordinate appropriate logistical and administrative support.
· Identify and manage technical resource persons/ organizations to support the project.
· Oversee monitoring & evaluation efforts in the field for the project.
· Participate and contribute to the internal reporting systems of the organization, prepare detailed implementation plan, monthly/ annual work plans, narrative and financial reports, and assist in annual budgeting exercises.
· Supervise and be responsible for the management and accounting of funds and financial activities of the project. Review and analyze monthly expenditures against project budgets, review variances and ensure budget control.
· Initiate and develop resource mobilization and fund raising opportunities along with conceptualizing, designing and operationalizing new projects.
· Manage communications between Project HOPE, local partners, donor representatives and maintain clear channels of communication for smooth implementation of program activities.
· Coordinate and schedule program team appointments, meetings, and conference calls, and provide updates and information on the status of project implementation.
· Document best practices, coordinate and oversee the development of program communication materials, and identify appropriate channels/ platforms to share and distribute the same.
· Conceptualize and oversee meetings with local doctors, public rallies and other community activities to raise awareness on projects in the centers.
· Sensitize and build relationships with senior government officials, liaise with representatives of the medical fraternity, establish linkages with potential partner centers, etc. to enhance Local/ National recognition of the project.
· Identify and represent the Project HOPE activities at appropriate Local/ National/ International platforms.
· Identify additional programmatic opportunities for the organization, and develop new program proposals and strategic partnerships towards the same.
· Perform other duties as necessary and as required by the Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS SPECIFICATIONS:
- Overall 5 years experience in a supervisory role in an International/ National NGO.
- Experience of executing at least one project from end to end (conceptualization to conclusion)
- Broad knowledge of the Public Health Sector in India with strong technical knowledge and experience in at least one domain e.g. Non Communicable Diseases, Maternal and Child Health, HIV/ AIDS & TB.
- Strong program management skills including strategic planning and work plan development with a strong focus on maintaining quality across project milestones
- Experience in grant design, proposal writing, M&E, research, report writing and training
- Experience in financial management and in preparing and monitoring budgets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language and at least one additional language
- Excellent computer skills required, particularly Microsoft Office software
- Detail-oriented and well-organized; able to manage multiple priorities; function in group and team settings; and work with a minimum of supervision and direction
- Ability to undertake regular travel required including out station travel
- Qualified professional with a degree in Public Health (MD/ MPH or PHD)/ Post Graduate in Foods and Nutrition/ MBBS with equivalent experience
- Experience in resource mobilization, fund raising strategies, donor relationship management.
- Language skills in Hindi and another local language
- Experience in diabetes sector or infectious disease control, and coordinating trainings will be a definite advantage.
COMPENSATION DETAILS: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Third Sector Partners, a leading CxO and board search firm in the Not for Profit sector has been retained by Project HOPE for this search. Interested candidates can send in their CVs along with three references and a cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org, or Contact us at: +91 22 6660 3558/6660 3559. Only short listed candidates would be contacted. Last date for receiving applications is 30th Jan 2010.
Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.