Remember ME - You Me and Dementia

Friday, July 4, 2008

REVISED OATH FOR DOCTORS

Oath written and administered by Dr. Leo Rebello www.healthwisdom.org

This more comprehensive Oath was drawn by Dr. Leo Rebello in 2003, since Hippocrates Oath is now partly outdated being centuries old. This revised Oath has been widely circulated, accepted and appreciated.

1st July is celebrated as Doctors Day all over the world. The day usually passes without a whimper. Many doctors have forgotten their Hippocratic oath or humanism. Therefore, I would like to administer the following oath to the doctors to serve as a reminder as to how important is their profession. Doctors to please repeat after me.

I, -------------, do hereby swear on this solemn day that :- I shall not prescribe unnecessary medicines and tests to my patients; I shall not give false counseling; I shall not overcharge and accept cuts and gifts; I shall not rape tiny tots with mercury laced innoculations or vaccinations, for they pollute the blood stream of small children leading to serious diseases like AIDS, Cancers, Autism, etc.; I shall not prescribe lethal drugs, like anti-retrovirals, chemotherapy, or give ECT to my patients;
I shall not indulge in human organ thefts to the detriment of my patients; I shall not be afraid of any authority and fabricate medical records or give false evidence; I shall not exploit students studying under me; I shall not manipulate findings or results to win grants or awards. I, -------------, further solemnly affirm that:- If I cannot treat a disease, I shall not say that AIDS, cancers, diabetes has no cure. But will tell the patient to try other systems of medicine. I shall treat health practitioners of other systems with respect and not tell deliberate lies to prove my importance. I shall study Holistic healing modalities to increase my knowledge and wisdom. I shall not even by mistake say that "HIV=AIDS=death" or cancers cannot be treated. I shall not frighten my patients with unnecessary comments, opinions or advice. I still remember what Hippocrates said, namely, "Let diet be your medicine" and shall accordingly prescribe fresh fruits, vegetables and good diet to my patients, rather than tonics, syrups, synthetic multi-vitamins, specially to children. I shall not perform surgery, unless it is absolutely must and will not indulge in rackets like amniocentesis, caesarian section, silicon implant or liposuction. I shall work to ban the useless and cruel animal experiments in the name of medicine. I shall participate in periodic workshops, seminars, and conferences at my expense or on scholarship (no pharma funding) to educate myself and speak from my conscience if I am called upon to speak or preside.
Finally, I shall not consume alcohol, smoke tobacco, or take other narcotic and psychotropic substances. As far as possible, I shall also not take animal proteins.

I realize and aver that a great responsibility of people's well-being is upon my shoulders and I shall carry on my onerous task with utmost dedication.

This I swear in the name of God on this solemn Doctors Day and I shall repeat this oath daily lest I forget that I am in a divine profession to heal the world.

To Sign this click: http://www.petitiononline.com/dlr28klr/petition.html


Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.

No comments: