Remember ME - You Me and Dementia

Saturday, March 8, 2008

Poem by women on World Women's Day: 8th March

God, You're a woman, just like me

'Coz man gives `equal' rights to You and to me.

You make him from earth and turn him to humus,

And he yells from rooftops that women are frivolous.

Praises unto You, he sang time and again

Bickering all the while that it's woman who's vain.

You're just a stone, as he jails You in a shrine,

And I'm just a rib as per somebody's design.

All the men's bibles, all the yarn he's spun

Could well vie with the verbiage he's splurged on the woman.

There is a difference, however, Almighty Dear,

He's placed You in heaven, and me beneath his feet, here.

But one day, I promise You, I'll set myself free

That day you'll become a woman, just like me.

By Shubha Khandekar :shubha.khandekar@gmail.com


I Salute to all the Women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the best gift and creation by God


Forget yourself for others, and others will never forget you.

No comments: